Enrolment ProcedureHow to apply for a place at Our Lady's
The Admissions Office is open throughout the school year and will be pleased to help with all enquiries relating to applications to join Our Lady’s.
Our Lady’s Clonskeagh Parish N.S. is a Catholic, mixed gender primary school. Archbishop Diarmuid Martin is the Patron of the school. The Principal is Mr. Gerard Heneghan. We welcome children from all faiths and none.
The full range of classes is taught in the school and classes are of mixed gender.
The school depends on the grants and teacher resources provided by the Department of Education and Science and it operates within the regulations laid down, by the Department. The school Policy has regard to the resources and funding available.
Parents/guardians seeking to enrol their child(ren) in Our Lady’s Clonskeagh Parish N.S. are requested to contact the school to obtain an Enrolment Form or access a form on the school website. Parents/guardians are requested to fill in the Enrolment Form and return it to the School Principal. The Board of Management requests that parents/guardians furnish the school with the following information when completing our school’s enrolment form:
- Pupil’s name,
- Date of birth and address,
- Previous school and/or playschool attended (if any)
- Personal Public Service Number (PPS Number)
- Addresses and occupations of pupil’s parents/guardians
- Telephone numbers for parents/guardians,
- Telephone numbers in case of emergency,
- Notification of any medical conditions which the school should be aware of,
- Information re: any factors which parents/guardians believe might impact on their child’s educational progress
- An email address (to contact a parent)
Equality of access is the key value that determines the enrolment of children to our school. No child is refused admission for reasons of ethnicity, special educational needs, disability, language/accent, gender, traveller status, asylum-seeker/refugee status, religious/ political beliefs and values, family or social circumstances.
Parents of new Junior Infants will be invited to a meeting in the school in February/ March prior to the children starting school in August/September.
Criteria for Prioritising of Enrolment
In the event of the number of children seeking enrolment in any class exceeding the number of places available, the following criteria will be used to prioritise children for enrolment:
- brothers and sisters (including step-siblings resident at the same address) of children already enrolled and children of parents who were past pupils in the school
- children of current staff members
- children of Catholic faith living within the Clonskeagh Parish
- children of other or no faiths living within the Clonskeagh Parish
- children of a Catholic faith from outside the Clonskeagh Parish
- children of other or no faiths from outside the Clonskeagh Parish
For full details of our admissions policy please see our Admission Policy document on our school policies page.