Parent AssociationPartnering with the school for the for the best possible education of our children
The parent association is a partnership between the home and school that enables parents to have a more positive and active role in their child’s education.
Purpose of the Parent Association
The purpose of the Parent Association is to provide a structure through which the parents/guardians of children attending Our Lady’s N.S. Clonskeagh can work together for the best possible education for their children. The Parent Association will work with the Principal, Staff and Board of Management to build effective co-operation and partnership between home and school.
The Mission of the Parent Association
The mission of the Parents’ Association of Our Lady’s National School, Clonskeagh is to provide support to the pupils, parents and staff in the nurturing and education of all our children, in an inclusive environment with the help of our local community.
The Aims of the Parent Association
- To assist in furthering the objectives of the school.
- To fundraise for the financial needs of the Parents’ Association and specific school projects where appropriate.
- To provide a forum to inform and consult parents regarding school policy, plans and activities concerning the PA and to communicate parents’ views on such issues to the School Principal or nominee and the parental representatives on the Board of Management. However, the Parents’ Association will not be involved in matters relating to the internal administration of the school.
- To encourage and facilitate the participation of parents in promoting the well-being and interests of the pupils of the school.
- To work, through affiliation, with regional or national bodies representing parents where such affiliation would be in the best interests of the pupils, school and parents. The decision to affiliate to any such body will be at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
All parents and guardians of pupils of Our Lady’s N.S. Clonskeagh shall be deemed to be members of the Parents’ Association. Parents or guardians interested in being involved in any/all of the activities of the Parents’ Association are welcome to attend any meeting during the school year.
The business of the Parents’ Association is carried out by an executive committee comprising of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications Officer. The number of the committee will be a maximum of 10.
If you wish to contact the PA please email the secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Facebook page (link at bottom of page).
For further details on the running of the PA please download the PA Constitution doc on the right of this page.