Whole School ReportA holistic examination of a school's effectiveness and capability
Whole School Evaluations (WSEs) are carried out in primary and post-primary schools. During these inspections, The Department of Education and Skills evaluates the quality of a school’s management and leadership, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, and the school’s own planning and self-review.
The content of the most up-to-date report is a very positive affirmation of the good work carried out in Our Lady’s. The efforts of staff, parents, management and the children were acknowledged in an extremely positive manner. Based on the last inspection the school has strengths in the following areas:
- The principal provides effective leadership.
- There is a positive school environment created by all the teaching staff.
- The management of pupils is highly effective. They are well behaved, mannerly and courteous.
- Excellent relationships and communications are fostered between the school, board of management, parents and local community groups.
- The school is to be commended for the organisation of a variety of curricular and extracurricular activities for the pupils.
- Pupils’ communication skills in Irish are very good.
- The quality of provision in Environmental Awareness and Care in Science is of a high standard.
The latest WSE report (2009) for Our Lady’s NS can be viewed here.